CALS Scholarships for Incoming Transfer Students
These scholarships are for new incoming transfer students who will be attending Iowa State University in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences for the first time next fall.
When to apply
- September 1 – March 2
How to apply
- If you haven't yet, create your Net-ID. This is required for your application for scholarships.
- Apply for College of Agriculture and Life Sciences scholarships as well as scholarships specific to your major at the OneApp scholarship portal.
- To be considered for need-based scholarships, file your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), between October 1 and December 1.
- The OneApp scholarship portal allows you to save and update your application as well as search for additional opportunities. Many students will begin their application early and check in multiple times as updates arise. So you may begin your application prior to filing FAFSA or receiving key information knowing you can add it in later.
- Enrollment with a primary major in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Carry 12 or more credits
List of scholarships
Scholarships winners will notified in March.
Award payments are distributed in equal installments at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters and credited to the student’s university account.
Some departmental scholarships are available for transfer students as well. To find more information and apply, find your intended major on the list and follow the link to the appropriate departmental award page.
In addition, a number of third-party scholarship providers offer scholarships intended for students interested in agriculture and life sciences majors at Iowa State and other colleges. These programs may have their own applications, deadlines, selection criteria and other requirements. More information.