The Roy J. Carver Scholarship Program is funded by the Carver Charitable Trust in memory of Roy J. Carver, who achieved success through his own initiative and hard work. Scholarships are available to students with great potential and promise, who work hard to make ends meet, or are faced with debilitating circumstances in their lives.
To be eligible for the Roy J. Carver scholarship, a student must meet the following criteria:
- U.S. Citizen
- Graduate of an accredited Iowa high school or have been a resident of the state of Iowa for at least 5 consecutive years immediately prior to application
- Junior classification fall semester of the award
- Full-time enrollment (12 credits or more)
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.80
- Demonstrate financial need on basis of a Free Application for FederalStudent Aid (FAFSA) filed prior to March 1
- Evidence of unusual social and/or other barriers to attending college full time
Apply online at: www.carvertrust.org (click on Scholarships and on-line application) You will submit the application, an essay and two references through this on-line process.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: APRIL 1
Contact information for the Scholarship Office:
Office of Student Financial Aid 0210 Beardshear Hall