College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Scholarships for Currently Enrolled Graduate Students
Nomination Period: January 1 through February 15
Scholarships available for 8-10 graduate students in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. Most scholarships are $1,000. They are not renewable. Qualifications listed below:
- Caine-Bogle Family Graduate Fellowships for students demonstrating academic and leadership qualities as well as financial need. (Please file FAFSA between January 1 and March 1 to be considered.)
- Paul and Candace Flakoll Scholarship for M.S. or Ph.D. candidates enrolled in a program of study in animal science, food science or human nutrition. Recipients shall possess a minimum 3.0 GPA and show evidence of scholarly performance.
- Lumir and Sara Dostal Family Fellowship Endowment for graduate students in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. First preference is to horticulture majors. Second preference is to agronomy majors. To apply, contact the Horticulture Department Chair, who administers this scholarship.
- Print and Grace Powers Hudson Scholarship in Agriculture for a student in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences pursuing a Ph.D. or M.S. degree.
- Iowa Farm Bureau Graduate Fellowship for students demonstrating academic and leadership qualities as well as financial need. (Please file FAFSA between January 1 and March 1 to be considered.)
- Dean Kleckner Global Agriculture Graduate Scholarship for students pursuing a career related to international agricultural trade, research, development or a related field.
Current graduate students who will be full time students for both semesters next year and whose home college is CALS. If you do not know the home college, check with your department's graduate coordinator or the Registrar's Office.
Nomination Process and Timeline:
Nominations are submitted by the Directors of Graduate Education (DOGE) between January 1 and February 15. All materials must be submitted through the electronic submission page. No materials will be accepted past the deadline. Departments may have an earlier internal deadline in order to meet the college deadline - check with your department graduate coordinator. Nominations are evaluated by the CALS Student Awards and Scholarship Committee. Winners are notified in early April.
Instructions for DOGE:
Director of Graduate Education (DOGE) instructions to submit nominees for graduate fellowships in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences:
- The DOGE may submit up to 3 ranked nominations.
- Each nomination packet is limited to the cover sheet, the nominee's professional resume/vita, and one supporting letter from the major professor. The packet will be in PDF file format and submitted electronically.
- Submission deadline is February 15.
Proceed to the Electronic Submission Form.