CALS Scholarships for Current Undergraduate Students
These scholarships are for current College of Agriculture and Life Sciences students who will be continuing their studies next fall.
When to apply
September 15 – March 1
How to apply
- Use your Net-ID (your ISU email address without "@iastate.edu.")
- Complete OneApp by the March 1 deadline.
- To be considered for need-based scholarships, file your FAFSA between October 1 and December 1.
- The OneApp scholarship portal allows you to save and update your application as well as search for additional opportunities. Many students will begin their application early and check in multiple times as updates arise. So you may begin your application prior to filing FAFSA or receiving key information knowing you can add it in later.
- Enrolled in a primary major within the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Carry 12 or more credits
Scholarships are awarded based on criteria of each scholarship, plus academic achievement and leadership. If you are a College of Agriculture and Life Sciences student, your OneApp will consist of three steps.
- General Application - Questions asked of all Iowa State University students regardless of major.
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Application - Questions unique to only students in our college.
- Apply-to Applications - Additional scholarship opportunities presented to you based on your unique qualifications. For example, some majors may have special questions that only students in that major are asked. Horticulture students may be asked what kinds of plants they want to work with or Animal Science students may be asked what species they will specialize in.
Information from any of these steps may be used for the selection of a scholarship. Therefore, it is important to be thorough in your application.
List of scholarships
This single application will be used by the selection committee in determining your eligibility for a wealth of scholarships. Please see the full list of available undergraduate scholarships to see what you will be considered for specifically through the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. If you want a more comprehensive list of awards you could be considered for beyond the college, see iastate.academicworks.com.
Award payments are distributed in equal installments at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters and credited to the student’s university account.
Departmental scholarships are also available for most majors. Find the link to the departmental scholarship in your major for application instructions and deadlines.
Also, there are a number of awards offered at Iowa State that are not applied for through OneApp. Consider reviewing additional opportunities.
In addition, a number of third-party scholarship providers offer scholarships intended for students interested in agriculture and life sciences majors at Iowa State and other colleges. These programs may have their own applications, deadlines, selection criteria and other requirements. More information.